Friday, September 01, 2006

Billy Graham's Getting Nervous

In the summer I live in the mountains of N.C., not far from where Billy Graham lives. My wife loves Billy and when he is on TV, she always wants me to watch with her. Not too long ago, he was being interviewed on a talk program. The host said, "You are getting up in years. It won't be long until you are in Heaven, sitting and talking with God." I was shocked that Billy Graham answered, "I'm not sure that I have earned the right to sit with God." My wife and I both gasped. I turned to her and said, "If Billy doesn't think he has the right to go to Heaven, we are in deep shit, honey." She said, "Speak for yourself. I'll be there. I've earned my right. I clean brass at church once a month." And I said, "Yes, and that's what you will be doing in Heaven...except I am sure they have a lot more brass than St. Luke's does." She said that Billy was getting nervous because he used to play golf with Richard Nixon and pal around with him. I don't really think that's enough to keep him out of Heaven. But I'm hoping he's not thinking he'll be able to play golf with Nixon up there because I'm sure Nixon's in Hell playing with the Devil.

No comments: