Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Circumcision: Who Ever Came Up With the Idea?

Who in their right mind would ever intentionally cut off the tip of their dick? Really! You think it was one of the Commandments that Moses brought down on those tablets? (You know there were more than 10 Commandments...there were hundreds, but Moses could only drag down ten of them so those are the ones that got famous.) I think it was Jews who came up with the idea. They seem to love pain, whether it's inflicting it on someone else or on themselves. I can hear them now, "Oh, I've got a great idea for a party...we'll have a feast and right in the middle of it, we'll bring out our new baby boy and clip the foreskin off. And whoever eats it accidentally will have the next party." I am circumcised and I am not happy about it. It would have only cost $5 if it had been done when I was born but my parents were too poor and for eight years I was a happy go-lucky kid. Then one Saturday, my father took me on a bus trip to North Charleston. I loved going places with him and wanted to know what we would be doing in North Charleston. When he didn't want to tell me where we were going he would say, "We're going to see a man about a dog." Of course that would excite any 8-year-old who would immediately think he was going to get to pick out a puppy. When we got off the bus, we went into a doctor's office. But before we went in my father confided in me: "We have come here to have you circumcized." I didn't know what circumcized meant...it sounded like it might be a circus. But then he explained: "The doctor is going to cut a piece of your peter off." I screamed, "WHY? WHY? Is it too long?" It didn't seem all that long to me. I didn't like the idea at all but he promised me he would buy me an ice cream cone. I should have bought my own ice cream. When it was our turn, we went into the doctor's office where I took all my clothes off and got on a long table. The doctor put some kind of clamp on the end of my penis. At that point, someone else tried to give me ether. I say "tried" because I began to panic...and began to fight to get the ether mask off. Before they knew it, I had jumped off the table and I ran naked out into the waiting room yelling, "They're trying to cut my peter off. Help me! Help me!" Some guy caught me, but he didn't help. He held me while my Dad and the nurse led me back in. This time four people were enlisted to hold me down while they administered the ether. The doctor wasn't happy at all. And I think he cut off a lot more than he had to, the bastard. Well, what's done is done. But I hated my father for many, many years because of this. If they develop Stem Cell Research further, I'm getting my foreskin back. And then we will have a real party!

No comments: