Friday, August 04, 2006

The Sky Is Falling; The Sky Is Falling

I don't want to be Chicken-Little here but I just read that the gravity pull of the earth is diminishing. That means as the earth rolls around and around, we might start flying off I have always been concerned about this ever since I was a kid and discovered (a) that the earth was not flat and (b) that gravity held us on this Merry-Go-Round. In fact, my Mom could never figure out why I wore my shoes out from the inside instead of wearing out the bottoms. It was because I clung to the earth as I walked, digging my toes into the shoes hoping to hold on. So far, so good. Except for the shoes. Actually I think it would be fairly neat if there were a gravity on-and-off switch. Especially if you could use it selectively. We could turn it off for the Middle East and slig all those crazy people out into space. Of course our troops would be protected from this by special magnetic boots made by Halliburton that they would be wearing until everybody else over there had been "raptured" to wherever Muslim Heaven is located...probably outside the Gates of Hell. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: